Frames and Lenses
Dr. Finley’s Family Eyecare stocks an assortment of eyewear to match anyone’s style and budget.
We believe that you should look and see your best. At first glance, selecting a new pair of glasses may seem daunting but don’t fret! Our opticians have years of experience in their field and can help guide you to select the frames and lenses that suit you best.
One pair of glasses does not solve all the problems our eyes run into. Sunglasses, computer glasses, safety glasses and sports goggles are just as important as your everyday wear.
Whether you want a conservative look or “geek chic” and funky, Dr. Finley’s Family Eyecare has a large inventory of styles to choose from. These are just a few of the brands we offer:
Everyone is quick to lather sunscreen when staying out on sunny days but often forget that their eyes need protection, too. Sunglasses are like sunscreen for the eyes as they shield your eyes from harmful UV radiation and prevent strain from squinting during sunny days. 80% of your eyes lifetime exposure to UV radiation happens before the age of 18 so it is especially important for children to have a good pair of sunglasses. Dr. Finley’s Family Eyecare stocks an assortment of sunglasses for both children and adults.
High Performance Sunwear
Dr. Finley’s Family Eyecare stocks Maui Jim and Costa sunglasses and are available with or without prescription. Complete with their own anti-reflective coatings, polarized lenses, mirror coating and digital surfacing – these high performance sunwear ensure that you get the clearest vision possible whether you are on the water, playing golf, or cruising around town. Which sunglasses are right for you?
It is important to protect our eyes from injury. Unlike teeth, eyes are irreplaceable. If you or your children enjoy activities such as basketball, football, fishing or bike riding then you need a durable pair of sportswear from Liberty Sport. Check out our Liberty Sport page for more information.
Types of Lenses and Coatings
Anti-reflective (anti-glare) coating is essential for all ages. This coating reduces glare within your lenses to allow more light to enter your retina which means you will have crisper vision during the day and especially at night when your eyes need light the most. Halos and star-bursts are reduced while driving at night and you will notice less eye strain while using your computer, smart phone and tablet devices. Anti-reflective coatings are not all created equal and most other stores will sell you cheap, inferior versions unless you request a certain brand. Dr. Finley’s Family Eyecare prides itself on providing the highest quality of anti-reflective coatings available, such as Crizal Avance, at affordable prices.
- Transitions® Lenses will turn from clear to dark when you step outside your house. These lenses enhance your vision and reduce stress from squinting while outside. There are several different varieties, which Transitions lens is right for you?
- Polarized Lenses are dark sunglass lenses that not only provide 100% UV protection, but also reduce glare on objects around you. Sitting by the pool, fishing, driving and being around snow will become much easier on your eyes! All our optometrists and opticians at Dr. Finley’s Family Eyecare recommend Xperio UV lenses as it offers superior sun protection. Learn more about Xperio UV Lenses!
- Computer Glasses have become more important over the last decade as personal computers and smart phones have become more prevalent in our daily lives. These lenses will reduce strain while staring at your screen all day. Dr. Finley’s Family Eyecare recommends adding an anti-reflective coating to your lenses to further reduce eye strain.
- Progressive Lenses are what a lot of people refer to as “no-line” bifocals. The days of taking your glasses on and off again to read or see far away are over! Progressives offer 3 zones of vision – Distance at the top, intermediate or mid range in the middle and reading at the bottom. You will be able to look through all 3 zones seamlessly. Dr. Finley’s Family Eyecare will provide you with premium progressive lenses that reduce the amount of distortion you may see throughout the lens.
- High-Definition Lenses are similar to your High-Definition TV and will provide vision at a much higher resolution than any other product available. Our opticians will take customized measurements with you on top of what they usually take for traditional lenses. High-definition lenses will be digitally surfaced with the customized measurements to provide you with the sharpest vision possible. Contact us for more information regarding this option.
- Polarization wipes out glare on objects and 100% UV radiation protection.
- Anti-reflective coating wipes out glare throughout the lens and provides clear vision.
- CLEARSHELL scratch resistant coating.
- Waterproof and oleophobic treatments repel water and oils from our face.
- Bi-gradient mirror coating that reflects light from above and below the lens that lets the lenses squint for you.
- Gradient tint on certain lens styles.
- Digitally surfaced prescription that provides the most crisp vision possible.
Maui Jim started out in Hawaii in 1980 selling sunglasses on the beach. The founders of the company saw a market for high performance sunglasses and created the PolarizedPlus lens and later the PolarizedPlus2 lens in 2004.
Maui’s patented PolarizedPlus2 lenses incorporate:
Maui Jim has many different styles to choose from including Maui Flex memory metal frames, inexpensive Plano (non-prescription only) sunglasses, and pre-made reading bifocals with +1.50, +2.00, and +2.50 powers.
Contact us or visit Maui Jim’s website for more information.